With over 50 years’ experience in the removals business, here at Bourke’s Removals we know what is vital for the ultimate removals checklist leading to a seamless and stress-free move from start to finish. Steeped in tradition and continuously giving our customers a personal service second to none, we know that meticulous planning and strategic thinking will minimise the strain and worry of moving home. This is why we have put together a moving checklist to escort you through the last six weeks before your planned move. Let us do the hard work for you whilst you focus on the exciting times ahead in your new home.
Six weeks before the moving date:
- Reconfirm the moving date – we know that the removals timetable is constantly changing, so make sure you are kept up to date
- If you are presently renting, notify your current landlord and keep them up to speed to avoid unnecessary charges
- Start de-cluttering and disposing of items you no longer require to friends, charity shop or car boot. No one wants to be moving unwanted goods!
- Liaise with your home insurance provider to ensure you are covered from the day you move into your new home
- Acquire detailed written quotes from several different removals companies, in addition to verifying their insurance and obtaining references
- If you require new carpets or furniture in your new home, order now to ensure they are delivered as close to the removals date as possible
- Reserve additional storage space if necessary
- Advice utility companies including gas and electricity suppliers, of your expected moving date and keep them up to speed if alterations occur
Two weeks before the moving date:
- Begin to pack non-essential items into boxes that you won’t need until after the move
- If you are moving to a different area, make sure you de-register with your local doctor, dentist and optician
- Contact the post office and take advantage of their service to forward your mail to your new address (for a small fee)
- Advise your bank or building society of any changes to your direct debits or standing orders
- Clear out your loft and garage in preparation for the big day
- Begin to run down food in the refrigerator and freezer
- If you have children or are a pet owner, arrange for someone to babysit or pet sit on the moving day
- Send out emails or change of address cards to notify friends and family of your new address details
- Reconfirm arrangements with your removals company, ensuring you validate arrival time in addition to existing and new address details
- Organise a time to collect the keys for your new home from the estate agent
Take advantage of our removals countdown and if you have any queries or questions, call us on 023 9309 2468 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help. We look forward to hearing from you and sharing our knowledge and expertise to ensure your removals experience with Bourke’s Removals is “the best move you ever made”.